Three Ways to Identify Nontoxic and Toxic Plastic Films

 How to distinguish between non-toxic and toxic plastic films? The most common methods of identification are sensory testing, combustion, and water immersion.


Sensory test: Polyethylene and polypropylene have better transparency than polyvinyl chloride film, and there is a layer of waxy luster on the surface. There is a feeling of lubrication in hand touch, and polyvinyl chloride is milky white, with poor transparency, and feels sticky. The color is dark and the look is poor.


       Burning identification method: polyethylene, easy to ignite, flame in two colors, the top is yellow, the bottom of the flame is blue, there is a wax flavor, smoke-free, can continue to burn away from the open flame; polypropylene and polyethylene different, only a small amount of black Smoke, taste of oil. The toxic PVC is difficult to ignite, and the flame is divided into two colors: the upper part is yellow, the lower part is green, the flame is spattered, white smoke, and a pungent pungent taste, leaving the open flame. Because the polyvinyl chloride film is toxic, it should not be burned in the kitchen to avoid air pollution.


       Water immersion identification method: This method is simple and practical. Dip the plastic bag into water, press it into the water by hand, and let G sink into the water. Generally, it is poisonous, and it can be surfaced and is generally non-toxic. of.